LEGAZPI CITY, Dec. 15 (PNA) -- A man died when he was electrocuted while removing a billboard of a salon in preparation for the onslaught of Typhoon "Nona" on Monday morning at Ziga Avenue, Tabaco City.
Victim Allan Padilla, 45, married, and a resident of Purok 2, Barangay Bangkilingan, Tabaco City, died while being treated at the Cope Hospital in the city.
A report reaching Police Senior Supt. Marlo S. Meneses said Padilla was removing the billboard at about 11:40 a.m. while a power outage was being experienced in the area.
The electric current, however, was suddenly restored, which the victim did not notice at once.
Unknowingly, Padilla held the electric wire and because of the sudden heavy current that hit his body, he fell to the ground.
Bystanders rushed him to the hospital for treatment but he died in the process.
The report said the salon owner contracted Padilla to remove the billboard as it would certainly be felled by strong winds that would be brought by Nona but it turned out to be tragic for the victim. (PNA) LAP/FGS/EMC/CBD/EDS