LEGAZPI CITY -- Some 7,867 Bicolanos from the six provinces of the region are expected to take the Career Service Examination Paper-and-Pencil Test (CSE-PPT) scheduled on Sunday, August 12, a Civil Service Commission (CSC) regional official said.
Lynbee Navio, CSC regional information officer, in an interview Thursday, said there are three testing centers designated by their office for Bicol Region.
"Those from Masbate, Sorsogon and Albay, the testing venue will be in Legazpi City, while those from Camarines Norte and Camarines Sur, it will be in Naga City, and examinees from Catanduanes will take their exam in Virac, Catanduanes," she noted.
Meanwhile, the CSC released "10 Things to Know if You’re an Examinee" to help prospective public servants prepare for the test:
* Know your room number and school assignment at least one week before the examination through CSC-Bicol's Room Assignment Inquiry System.
* Visit the assigned school/testing venue at least one day before the examination, to be familiarized.
* Be at the assigned school early. All testing venues shall be open to examinees at 6 a.m.
* Wear proper attire on examination day. Sleeveless shirt/blouse, short pants and slippers are not allowed.
* Bring the following: (1) ID Card, (2) Original Philippine Statistics Authority-issued birth certificate, (3) Application Receipt with CSC official receipt (if available), (4) black ballpen/s and (5) water or preferred beverage placed in clear/transparent bottle.
* Use of any aid (calculators, cellular phones, smart watches, tablets, etc) is strictly prohibited.
* Bringing of cellular/mobile phones, smart watches and other gadgets is not allowed. If brought, these shall be surrendered to the Room Examiner for safekeeping.
* Failure to take the examination shall mean forfeiture of examination fee and slot. Re-scheduling of examination date is not allowed.
* Gates of testing venues shall be closed to examinees at exactly 7:30 a.m. on examination day. Examinees who will arrive later than this time shall not be admitted.
* Access and read the Examinee's Guide in Taking Civil service Examination Pen and Paper Test which can be downloaded through the CSC website.
The CSE-PPT is a general ability test designed to measure an individual’s preparedness to enter government service.
Passers who get a score of 80 percent and higher are conferred a Career Service Eligibility -- a basic requirement to obtain permanent appointment in government. (PNA)